SAAFON is dedicated to supporting farmers growing organically. Farmers are not required to be "certified organic". But must embrace and support all organic growing principals.
As a part of the introduction to the Network each year SAAFON provides training to ten (10) selected farmers. Staff and the SAAFON's Advisory Board conduct the selection process. This selection process is strenuous. Farmers that are selected must have made a sincere decision to become an organic grower.
Cooperatives are Welcomed and Encouraged.
Qualifications Necessary to Be Considered:
- Agrees to attend 3-½day organic training session held in Savannah, Georgia
- Farm is located in one of our eight states (Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, South Carolina, North Carolina, Maryland and Virginia) and the US Virgin Islands.
- A commitment of three (3) years to the program
- Agrees to attend at least two (2) training sessions per year.
- Agrees to participate in SAAFON's Mentoring Program
- Has the desire to adhere to strict organic growing principals.
Staff and Advisory Board may extended an invitation to a farmer in our region that has exhibited an exceptional desire to be an organic grower and has petitioned SAAFON to become a member of Network.
Membership is Free!
© 2010-2015 | Southeastern African-American Farmers Organic Network (SAAFON). All rights reserved.
Web site designed by SIRIUS WEB SOLUTIONS